Featured Post

Table of Contents

Selected Wrtitings

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

How I met a Friend


Personal Narrative
How I Met a Friend[is1] 
By Liam


                I met Kamal at the Issaquah pool. We didn’t know each other then, but we started hitting a pool ball in the pool together after my mom introduced me with him. We were at the pool for about an hour and all we did was pass a ball to each other but it was fun. Kamal also rode the same bus as me and was in the same class. We became good friends since we met each other at the pool. I have only known Kamal for two months but we have played together at recess every day. We don’t share that many things in common but we are still good friends. Kamal’s personality is pretty much just getting in trouble but he isn’t too bad. I can’t say much more about him because I don’t know him well.





 [is1]You are outstanding-Elliot

Liam



How I Met a Friend
By Maddie

     The time I met Domfo was a very weird time. We were sitting down on the uncomfortable, tacky, tile floor in Mrs. Zyanya’s class, “reading.” Then we had this idea we could sell lemonade and $1 trinkets with an old lemonade stand in my basement. We thought we could sell pencils, keychains, and other random stuff. Then I said, “But we will sell them used pencils to rip them off!” Then, Domfo thought we could use the erasers until they were gone! We both seemed quite enthusiastic about all of this. Not that we are is mean, it was just funny at the time. So basically, our very weird dreams of selling things, and ripping people off with used pencils, made us the best of friends!



How I met Reegan
By Faith
  I was 7 or 8 when it all began, I met Reegan at a gymnastics class we both took. At that time, I knew a girl named Madelen because she also was at the same piano place I went to. Madelen was best friends with Reegan and probably told her about me. I was super shy at that time so Reegan was probably the one who talked first.
  I thought that she was super nice and friendly, and would be my friend at gymnastics. But then, in 3rd grade, when I was new to IVE I thought I wouldn’t know anyone that went here. Then, I see Reegan standing there in line!
  I was super excited for a great year, we were standing in Mrs. Keltner’s line, happy and excited. That year was really fun in Mrs. Keltner’s class, especially pioneer month and I was really disappointed that she retired. But I couldn’t wait for 4th grade! All summer long, I was waiting to see if Reegan was in my class. I couldn’t wait to go back to school! In 4th grade, when I went to meet the teacher day, right when I walk in to Mrs. Moffett’s class I see Reegan! I was super happy when she was in the same class as me again for my second year here.
  Inspired by Elliot’s “How I met Dane” story: I thought Reegan’s hair was the best it was sometimes really curly when she was in the rain but her hair was sometimes straight. Her hair was umbrae, which meant it started a dark brown and gradually became lighter to a brown-ish blonde-ish. But in 4th grade, she chopped her hair off to her neck.  
  4th grade was a crazy, fun, and awesome adventure and it was so sad that Mrs. Moffett had to leave after her 10 years of being here, but I was honored to be in her last class here (I could tell it we were her favorite group of students here). One of my favorite memories was Reegan and I dressing exactly the same on Twin Day, she even got a wig to match me. Now in 5th grade or this year, I was SUPER LATE to meet the teacher day and so I was the last person which was fine. I looked around hoping that there was a class list somewhere because there were no nametags on the desks yet and I found one! I scrolled down the list searching for Reegan Frampton and I found her! Along with Liv, Abby, Skylar, Maddie, and Romy! 
  This year has been amazing and I had an unforgettable 3 years at IVE. I can’t wait for Middle School next year at IMS and all the memories that we all are going to make!


I love it! Can’t wait for next year! -Adeline



The day I met Elliot: A memoir

By ragavan

On a boiling mid-summer evening, I saw a group of two kids and one teenager picking sumptuous, blood red berries, and one lad looked around my age, another boy looked like a year or two younger than I did, and the final teenager looked like a scrawny, 16 year old. Since I was new here, I had no kids I knew here, or friends. I was zealous for new pals. All of this I was thinking while I was peering out of the window, in my house.


    Therefore, I walked, ran, bolted at the speed of light and asked them, “Who are you guys?” The skinny teenager replied, “I am Charlie. To my left is (I forgot the kid’s name), and to my right is Elliot. We are just picking berries. What is your name?”. “ My name is Ragavan, but you can call me Raggs.”  Elliot asked me, “Are you attending IVE? Are you also going to 5th grade? If you are, we might be in the same class!” “Yeah! I am attending IVE and I am attending 5th grade. Do you lads play any sports like football, baseball, basketball, or soccer? Soccer is my favorite sport!” I said, excitedly. “Around here, we play football the most.” Charlie and Elliot said in unison. “I play football, too. I played flag football when I was seven. I suck at quarterback, though; I play Wide Receiver.” I said to them. “We can even play football right now! Follow us!” Charlie cried. So how you get there is, you turn right to Boulder way drive, go down the hill, keep going straight, until you see a grass area with a curl-up bench near it, and you have arrived at the park. When I was going down the hill, I spotted two kids also playing catch with a neon-green football. They spotted me. One of them asked me, “Hi there. Who are you? You look new here. What is your name?” I replied, “My name is Ragavan, but you can call me Raggs, for short.”


    I made two more friends. One was a kid going to the 3rd grade, his name was Alejandro but his nickname was Alex. The other lad was a kid going to 7th grade, named Aditya. They also knew who Charlie and Elliot were. So, we were going to play football with them, also. After Charlie and Elliot reached the park, we started the game (aka quarrel!). I was a good wide receiver, Elliot was a, speedy wide receiver, Charlie was the best quarterback of all-time (also all-time offense), and Alex was the juker, and the 2nd fastest, Aditya was the best wide receiver of all of us, because he was 12 and a ½ and the 2nd tallest (Charlie was taller, but he always was QB, and we dare ask him to play another position because he was the best QB of all-time!). The game ended 42-35. I won my first game.

    After the game was over, I returned home. I wonder why I met one of my best friends when he was picking simple berries. In addition, after that, I met two more kids, Aditya and Alex. So, kind of cause-and-effect, don’t you think? This is my memoir.

     

When I met Dane

By Ragavan
I was feeling so nervous, I felt like I was having a fever, my temp at 105 degrees. It was the first day of school. I arrived at 9:07 am. School starts at 9:10. I was early. Just when I had thoughts like this, a teacher popped out of his classroom. I think it was Mr. Arthur, the teacher next door to us. He asked me, “What is your name?” I replied, “My name is Ragavan”. “Nice to meet you. My name is Mr. Arthur. You are a couple minutes early. School starts at 9:10”. “I know. I am new here. Just wanted to get here a bit early. You get what I mean?” I said. “Yes. Totally.” He pointed backwards of where I was. “We line up by our classrooms. That is where you come after you get off the bus or car drop-off/pickup” the teacher said. “Oh okay.” I stuttered.

     When everybody lined up where they were supposed to, I saw my friend, Elliot, the 10-year old I met during the boiling days of summer break. He was talking to another boy in my class. Maybe it was one of his friends. Elliot saw me. He said, “This is my friend, Dane. Ragavan (Raggs) meet Dane. Dane meet Raggs”. “Hi! My name is Dane.” Dane said. “Hello! My name is Ragavan, but you can call me Raggs.” I said to Dane.

    After a while, Dane was also one my best friends. In fact, you could say he was my best-best friend. We had a lot of things alike. For example, shoes (we both have size 6.5), sports, and a lot of other things. Now that I think about it, I wonder why he was the one to meet me. Why not another person? Why not a dude who was bald and 7 years old? Why not?

THE END.






 [is1]It is cool




No comments:

Post a Comment